Monday, May 01, 2006

3 Year Old Nearly Crossed the Creek

The girls (13 and 10) went to the ballet yesterday with their grandmother. My wife and I took the boys (7 and 3) to a creek for a picnic. Great weather but the begininning of sunscreen time. I asked my 7 year old to pretend he enjoys putting sunscreen on, which he surprisingly did, and the 3 year old asked for sunscreen for himself. I doubt this will work for more than a day or two. My 7 year old was so happy in the ravine. He found a leech and a worm and brought them home. The 3 year old tried to cross the creek in his sneakers but started sinking in the mud and came back before he got across. You don't worry too much about this stuff and can just enjoy and laugh about it with the fourth kid. He gets to learn a lot of this stuff on his own without our interference.

I went to a movie by myself afterwards. Another good day but I am falling behind in the the day to day chores which quickly pile up when you have four kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home