Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Baseball

As a kid I loved baseball. In the spring I would go to the park with a shovel and shovel the snow to the sunny side of the park so it would melt faster. I would knock on my friend's houses asking if they could come out and play. When I had kids I figured I could take them to the baseball game.

With my first daughter I took her to a game with high hopes which were quickly dashed. It was torture to get her to sit through half an inning. When we left she said, "It's so loud my stomach hurts."

Daughter number two turned out to be the best. Although it was raining, I got there early and we had to walk almost a mile (I forgot the stroller) to get to the park she loved the game. She was up and cheering and had a great time. I bribed her with so much candy I thought she might throw up. She soldiered on for all nine innings. She didn't know the rules of the game so I would occasionally let her know what the score was. She loved the crowd and the candy, although probably not in that order.

With my first son he was most interested in the baseball cards, hat, shirt and the candy. He somewhat interested in the game. I'll have to try him again this year now that he's 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home