Thursday, May 04, 2006

Objectives of the Blog

These are the overall objectives of this blog:

1. Improve my writing. I've been wanting to write for a long time but I haven't been able to motivate myself. I thought if I had a blog, the blog would force me to write more often and more carefully knowing someone may read it. I am the third best writer in the family after my wife and 13-year-old daughter. The 10, 7 and 3 year old are catching up to me so I need to start working at it before I fall into last place. My 13 year old actually told me today I should write more. I must admit that she has also told me my blog is boring.

2. Provide a record of this time in my life for my family and myself. I think it would be cool if I could read a diary my dad had of me when I was 3, 7, 10 or 13.

3. Show how I'm happy to be home and watching my kids. That is something of a unique perspective. I usually hear that raising kids is a difficult, worthless and thankless task. I am a minority voice in the world saying it is amazing to be home and I am having a wonderful time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home